Landing pages or LPs are what keep the flywheel moving for our marketing efforts – but how do we create effective and profitable LPs?
Especially during the COVID period.
What constitutes great landing pages – and what makes them click?
The answer is simple – Common sense.
I mean it… really!
What to look for in Landing Pages?
Lets reverse engineer it and see what you see on a page when you make a purchase for an item.
- Looks – Yes
- Colors – Yes
- Product Description – Yes
- An Opt In form – yes… no.. maybe
- Video – if you have time – Yes
- Audio – I guess not yet…
- Offers – YES
But above all – what’s most important is FOCUS.
When it comes to creating and using LPs, I would recommend that you keep this rule of thumb at the forefront — “Landing pages are used when you want to drive visitors to take one, specific action.”
So, whether its an event, or a webinar invitation, or delivery of a Lead magnet or an amazing discount – LPs are an ideal platform to deliver of them – provided they are focused and have a single theme of delivery.
While researching the anatomy of a good LP, I came across this good structure from the Aweber website which is worth keeping in mind.
Landing Pages Template
Landing Pages Headlines
I observe several LPs each week and one thing that strikes me as a distinction of a good LP is that the headline is catchy. Probably 9 of 10 catchy headlines are always verbs and I have for you 5 which I find useful and you can use in your LPs –
- [Number] ways to [desired goal or outcome] – Example headline: 7 ways to afford your dream vacation house before you turn 35
- How to [desired result] without ever feeling [undesirable emotion] – Example headline: How to write a book without ever feeling overwhelmed
- How to [desired result] even if [barrier to accomplishing desired result]- Example headline: How to lose weight even if you don’t have a gym membership
- Do you know these [number] ways to avoid [undesirable outcome]? – Example headline: Do you know these 17 ways to avoid losing your hair?
- How to [desired result] with [plan, strategy, method to reach desired outcome] – Example headline: How to read 30 books this year with a foolproof “quick-read”method?
For more information on the best ways to keep your landing pages engaging and relevant, keep reading the next two emails in the series. I am sure you will get the conversions on your landing pages through the roof and people will begin to engage with your pages.
Feel free to Reach out if you have any queries.